Professional Registered Architect
IDC Architects is looking for a Professional Architect/Designer who has gained extensive experience over his/her career by continuously working on projects requiring increasing complexity and high quality standards. He/ She must exercise effective time management and awareness of impact on the project budget and conduct work within IDC Architects’ standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead communication and coordination efforts with clients and consultant team.
- Establish design concepts.
- Manage project and lead others.
- Assist in technical aspects to ensure design integrity.
- Perform preliminary code analysis.
- Compile and submit projects to city planning departments.
- Attend public hearings and agency meetings if necessary.
- Review and participate in project billings.
- Consistently verify accuracy of own work and the work of others.
- Educate and mentor junior staff.
- Contribute to budget and scheduling review meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Effectively communicate within a project team including taking direction, giving direction and asking questions.
- Solve design issues creatively.
- Continuously strive to improve knowledge by keeping updated on industry trends and competitor practices.
- Display positive attitude about the work to be done, co-workers, clients, management, and firm policies.
- Show initiative by being proactive and taking prompt action to accomplish objectives.
- Participate as an active and contributing member of a team to achieve team goals and work cooperatively with other team members.
- Use creativity and imagination to develop new insights into situations and apply new solutions to problems.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Ability to research and apply various codes and ordinances
- Ability to work on multiple projects and maintain effective communication and quality control
- Demonstrate ability to plan, schedule, direct work of self and others
- Intermediate understanding and proficiency using the following software:
- AutoCad and REVIT
- Sketch Up
- Adobe Suite
- MS Office
- Lumion (Advantageous)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4-years minimum post (PR) Arch registration experience
- Intermediate understanding of building codes, including national and state local codes
- Specialized knowledge of various product types, code requirements, and construction practices and how to apply, detail, and specify them
Salary is commensurate with experience. Written and spoken English language proficiency is essential. IDC Architects is an equal opportunity employer.
About IDC Architects.
IDC Architects is an innovative and exciting architectural and planning firm with offices in Johannesburg and East London, which provides tremendous growth opportunities for design professionals. Our commitment to award winning projects, great client relationships, and staff mentoring puts us ahead of our competition. Our goal is to stay committed to having a good business structure while focusing on leadership and design innovation.
Qualifying candidates can send their CV’s to: