Skye Architects is seeking a young, ambitious and dynamic individual as Architectural Technologist/ Architect.
Skye’s vision is to help children thrive through developing nursery, primary and high schools that equip children to become lifelong learners.
The ideal candidate should be exceptionally excited about pushing the boundaries of what educational buildings can do. We intend to set the absolute benchmark of educational quality in South Africa and the successful applicant must be 100% committed to delivering on this vision as a member of the Skye team.
The projects entail a wholistic approach whereby detail and specialised design items are dealt with in-house. We also offer signage, playscape and interior design services to our clients. As such the candidate can look forward to being involved in multiple aspects of the architectural design and documentation process.
The following skills are required:
- Exception technical skill
- Advanced Revit
- Able to cope under pressure
- Good communications skills and
- Team player
The role entails:
- Produce architectural drawing for submission to local authorities (Including plans, sections, elevations, drainage, schedules, details and assemblies)
- Draft construction drawings and details to realise innovative yet cost-effective architectural solutions, incorporating information from the professional team.
- Research, plan and apply knowledge of construction, zoning, building codes and SANS 10400
- Inventive detail resolution for custom-designed and fabricated furniture and fittings.
- Effectively measure and document existing buildings.
- Successfully work as part of a team to deliver high quality working drawings.
The position is on a 12 months contract basis with contract renewal option and salary is industry and experience related.
Candidates may forward their CV and portfolio to Sune: firstname.lastname@example.org