Fri, 15 Jul|
Call for Submissions: Women in Architecture 2022
GIfA is looking for women architects to share stories/milestones of their careers through a submission of works that provoke thoughts around the urban implications of various architectural projects.
Time & Location
15 Jul 2022, 16:00
About the event
Call for Submissions: Women In Architecture 2022
In anticipation of August’s Woman’s month celebrations, the Gauteng Institute for Architecture (GifA), is proud to announce its annual showcase of architectural work that has been significantly driven by woman in the industry. Women working within the profession are invited to make digital submissions for review by Gifa’s HABITAT committee. The aim of the showcase is to advance exposure by amplifying awareness of the roles that women occupy as architectural professionals. The institute invites women architects in the province to make contributions under the following topic:
Women and the City: Urban Implications
GIFA is looking for women architects to share stories/milestones of their careers through a submission of works that provoke thoughts around the urban implications of various architectural projects. Projects may be built or unbuilt, of varying scale, and more than one project may be discussed in relation to one’s architectural journey in our city-wide environment. The submission is open to all women architects, both in practice and academia. The committee is particularly interested in a variety of architecture practices, as well as a variety of urban environments.
Participants are to ask themselves the following questions:
- What possibilities do urban acupuncture projects allow for in the city?
- What urban implications can/has your project(s) had at a neighbourhood/city scale?
- What are the variety of ways in which your architecture practice has made an urban gesture? Urban gestures may be of a spatial, economic, temporary, environmental etc. nature.
- How has your architectural journey evolved while working in an undulating urban environment?
Participants are asked to use ONE of the three attached templates to submit their work by no later than 15th July 2022. The completed template must be mailed as a single high- resolution PDF to email@example.com and the subject line must read: HABITAT_participant’s name + surname
The template requires the following information to be provided:
- 250-word bio
- High-res profile picture
- A description of your project/series of projects that most exemplify your urban practice of architecture
- Images/ drawings of the described work/s